CSA – PART II – YEAR 1 (also referred to as Year 5)
Students desirous of pursuing a career in Architecture at CSA, to follow CSA Part II – Year 1 should satisfy the following criteria at the examinations and interview held by the City School of Architecture:
- Successful completion of CSA Part I Examination
Possess the BSc Degree in Built Environment or complete 90 UOM credits of Bachelor of Architecture Degree from the University of Moratuwa .
Successfully complete 120 UWE credits from the University of the West England, UK.
Possess a first degree in Architecture from a recognized university and gain exemption from the Sri Lanka Institute of Architects (SLIA) Part I examination.
- Shall have 52 weeks of practical training experience under a Chartered Architect after completion of CSA Part I or above examinations stipulated in 2.1.3 (a). Practical Training Log Sheets shall be duly signed by the Supervising Architect and Counsellor appointed by the BAE and will be examined at the Interview conducted by the City School of Architecture.
- Shall submit and Pass the assessment of the Design Portfolio of work done during 52 weeks of Practical Training, which will be examined at the interview conducted by the City School of Architecture.
- Successfully complete the Interview conducted by the City School of Architecture.
- Enroll with 1st Year course fees paid in full.
(Note: Students who have qualified overseas in Schools of Architecture recognized by the BAE (refer BAE Handbook) may also apply, provided their qualifications and practical training experiences meet the minimum criteria stipulated by the BAE. Such applications would be assessed individually. Students are requested to apply in writing together with Transcripts from the university, Design Portfolio, Syllabi of Theory Subjects and Practical Training Log Sheets duly completed and signed by Supervising Architect of a BAE recognized Trainer Practice (refer BAE Handbook) and gain exemption from the SLIA Part I examination, for assessment by the Interview panel appointed by Board of Academic Studies of the City School of Architecture.)
APPLICATION CHECK LIST:
- Duly Filled Application Form
- 3 Passport Size Photographs
- Degree Certificates Originals and Photocopies
- Original Passport & Photocopies
- Birth Certificate Original & English Translation Orginal & Photocopies
- Log Sheets for the work done in the Year Out (52 weeks) Trainer Practice – Originals and Photocopies
- Letter/s of reference from Supervising Architect of the Trainer Practice - Originals and Photocopies
- Portfolios of work done in office during year out Trainer Practice